[kj] Rap, punk, & stuff (999)

antoni at clara.net antoni at clara.net
Fri Oct 22 15:42:38 EDT 2004

I lived on the Lady Margaret Road (Southall) for the best part of 25 years
but missed out on all that ... mind you I bloody well missed the Ruts too
(had to make do with one Ruts DC gig - serves me right for spending the best
part of 1976 to 1979 on trivial pursuits) ... my first gig was the UK Subs
in early 1980 ... never even made it to the Hamborough Tavern but I do
remember the flames shooting high in the distance out of the back bedroom
window one fateful night in 1981 ... interesting to see that pub and it's
demise gets a mention here : http://www.wordiq.com/definition/Oi ... I
remember that gig being advertised & certainly had no intention of going
there ... it was bad enough for a skinny herbert like myself being stared
out constantly as I walked down the road ... best not to walk into trouble