[kj] Rap, punk, & stuff (999)

Ed messageobliquespeech at btinternet.com
Thu Oct 21 05:37:43 EDT 2004

My first single was 999, think it may well have been Emergency. Bought
with the newspaper round money, The elders of the gang used to follow
them (I was about 10yrs old) and they were known as the Southall Crew,
and think they were name checked before feeling alright with the crew
was played

When I was out gigging 16yr+ I used to see them a fair amount and would
often catch up with Nick Cash and say that I was representing the
Southall Crew which he remembered

Funny thing was that one of the elders passed down punk singles and bits
b4 he was going into nick, part of which was Pablo Labritain's
drumstick. Many years on when they played at Hammersmith Clarendon
(videod too)a drumstick flew out into my hands so Ive had a set - even
had his name embossed on em

They produced an album and video of the gig which displays a glorius
close up of me, but do you think I could find it now - ugh
Reminds us that I want the video so will check the site.

track to add to those mentioned b4 and my fav is Nasty Nasty

(for those who can remember some of the singles given to us -
Screwdriver-your so dumb/The Adverts-one chord wonders/Eater-thinking of
the USA/Johnny Moped No one/Chelsea-right to work/Ultravox-young
savage/Radio Stars-Dirty Pictures/The Police-fall out/ +pistols God Save
The Queen!)