[kj] super man

iPat pmdavies at gmail.com
Thu Oct 14 05:22:52 EDT 2004

+++++++++++
Yes,People such as Mother Teresa and errr Bob Geldorf do things to
help other people,through choice CR was forced into doing what he
did.He did nt volunteer .If he campagned for the disabled whilst he
was abled,then he would deserve some credit,He campagnes for the
disabled after his accident.Me Me Me+++++++++++++++++

If Bob Geldof had stayed on at school and not got involved with a band
do you think he would have taken the same path? We cant tell I know,
but he was in a position of wealth and had the flexibility that
someone who works night shift doesn't have that opportunity. We are
all the victims of quirks of fate but its how we deal with them that
matters. How we view the characters may come down to prejudices.

+++++++++++++You are looking at this back to front Pat,If people did nt
+++++++++++++like
the dailys then they would nt buy them ,It's not a fantasy.It may
brighten up peoples lives,But they deal with peoples every day
lives.Yes some of them are dumd and silly....Thats what people pay for
and enjoy++++++++++++

+++++++++Yes,And who are you to say if people are happy with their lives
+++++++++or
not,I put it down to the individual to judge there own lives.I suggest
you spend more time trying to make your own existence a cheerful one
,rather than worrying about everyone else++++++++

so how does this all stand with your shouts of how you hate fat people
and especially when they moan about it. Hey! It makes them happy, who
are you to judge them?
Im quite laissez faire myself, but try to live by example to the best
of my ability. Mostly I don't live up to my expectations but I try and
learn. That's me. People have different outlooks. Ill keep making
observations though as it helps me see my own faults and essentially I
do want to make myself a better person. How you measuer what better is
would be subjective maybe.

++++++AND THE MATRIX WAS ??????????????+++++++++++>

never said it was. I used the term paradox.

++++++++++I think the problem lies with your sense of "Us and them
"stance,We are all part of the state ,We all contribute and take .We
are all cogs in the machine,all working together as a team to make
society a better place,Exept Ipat who does nt want to play++++++++++

you might be right. Except I do feel that the 'state' is a projection
from our collective illusions and what version that is depends on who
is profiting from promoting one particular version. Of course there is
a community and we are social beings and we do work towards the
collective as it is essential to our self survival but people do lose
touch with the basics of things as they create the web of illusion.
Look at what we consider as a society as luxuries and necessities.
People don't take low paid jobs as its below them and surrender
personal responsibility in large areas of their lives. When it affects
us head on we blame the nanny state but we demand state control when
it suits us. The only thing I know is that im going to die. Thanks to
my lifestyle I hope that it wont be to ill health and I try and drive
in a manner that doesn't increase the risks theer. But who knows what
quirk of fate is around the corner but a hedonistic lifestyle is
different to each and evry one of us.

This Mondays BBC program with see that Monty Python person in the
Himalayas talking to yogis who spend their hedonistic lifestyle in
meditation, while on sky 1 you might find others in a tropical island
sex orgy. How you view it I suppose will depend on your make up. I
guess I feel that theres more than just this mortal coil that we
currently see as the all and that it is in my interest to prepare
myself for that journey. Whilst some may pray in church or drink in
the pub to deal with or hide from that ultimate truth - the point of
this conversation I suppose – is the manner in which they get judged
by their peers.

If we are all cogs of the machine, working together as a team to make
society a better place as you say, why are you so cynical to the
benefit that Reeve has given to people afflicted by his particular
brand of illness?

+++++++I put that down to bad parenting ;-)++++++++++++

probably guilty m'lud. I have though raised him as a single parent
since he was five and he is chelsea daft. I guess I have plus points
as well as minus points there!!! ; )

+++++++++++I think the problem exists because people such as yourself
+++++++++++try to
put all people in the same catorgory,trying to get all people to be
the same,Whereas all people are different.I'm not saying one is better
than the other,just that.Everyone has there strenghts and
weaknesses.............exept them++++++++(treading on thin ice here:-(

people such as yourself… put all people in the same
catorgory….pot..kettle..black..lol

hey, its observations and you will take something out of it and learn
from your own conclusions. They are not absolute truths. Makes life
interesting eh

++++++I though I was ,But I m sure you know better.
Let me geuss .I think Im happy,But Im not really,It's just the state
manipulating my thoughts ,making me think Im happy just so Im
subserviant to there every whim.The state feeds me films and
newspapers to control my every movement.,I cant think and am just a
robot ? If thats the case then Im happy
that way   +++++++++

sounds like you are making excuses mate. I asked a question, you read
that in a certain way and felt the need to give an answer in a manner
other than an assured one. Im not happy with the Wales result, but in
general im happy and im continuing to live my life in a manner that
will keep me happy. I may have debts, I may have a troublesome
teenager in a mood, etc but im not looking for a Lotto windfall to
save me. Things can always improve but as a whole im content and
looking forward to what tomorrow brings while enjoying today. I
couldn't always say or recognize that so its quite nice to be able to
do so now.

See you in February?

--
iPat
Take good care of those arteries. Watch the blood pressure.