[kj] super man

peter.west410 peter.west410 at ntlworld.com
Thu Oct 14 04:25:22 EDT 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "iPat" <pmdavies at gmail.com>
To: "A list about all things Killing Joke (the band!)"
<gathering at misera.net>
Sent: Thursday, October 14, 2004 8:16 AM
Subject: Re: [kj] super man

> out on leave again Peter?
++ leave it out again Pat?+++++++(it nearly worked)

> On Wed, 13 Oct 2004 16:21:17 +0100, peter.west410
> <peter.west410 at ntlworld.com> wrote:
> >
> > *********Yes,But he had no choice in the matter did he.How else could he
of
> > handled the situation? He had around the clock carers and ample
money.It's
> > the same with Nelson Mandela,Everyone says"He spent 30 years in jail
> > opposing apartheid"He had no other choice.If CR and NM could of avoided
> > their situation ,They would have.*********
> >

> is there a point here?

+++++++++++
Yes,People such as Mother Teresa and errr Bob Geldorf do things to help
other people,through choice CR was forced into doing what he did.He did nt
volunteer .If he campagned for the disabled whilst he was abled,then he
would deserve some credit,He campagnes for the disabled after his
accident.Me Me Me+++++++++++++++++

> > ****************I ll think you ll find that the red tops do deal with
the
> > reality of peoples daily lives.They dont deal with World affairs or
> > important issues because people just arnt interested People want to read
> > about their favourite actor or musician rather than elections in some
> > far-away place they ve never heard of*********************
>
> yes and no. They capitalise on the fantasies that humans generally
> indulge themselves in, except they perpetuate it as a drug on drip
> feed so once hooked it becomes part of the daily ritual.

+++++++++++++You are looking at this back to front Pat,If people did nt like
the dailys then they would nt buy them ,It's not a fantasy.It may brighten
up peoples lives,But they deal with peoples every day lives.Yes some of them
are dumd and silly....Thats what people pay for and enjoy++++++++++++
____________________________________________________>

> > **********People buy and read them ,because thats what they want,"The
Sun"
> > sells ten times more than "The Gaurdian".
> >  They pay for it.They buy the newspapers,It's what they want.********
>
> do you think that everyone knows what they want or that they are happy
> to cling to convention, repitition, ritual etc in order to believe
> that they are satisfied? On one hand you call yanks ignorant in one
> post but then suggest that really they know what they want.

+++++++++Yes,And who are you to say if people are happy with their lives or
not,I put it down to the individual to judge there own lives.I suggest you
spend more time trying to make your own existence a cheerful one ,rather
than worrying about everyone else++++++++
_____________________________________________________>
> > **********It's only entertainment,Some people may use it as
exscapism,But I
> > can safely say onlt the dimmist of humans actually beleive they can be T
> > in MI.Come on,Even Tom Cruise cant do what that bloke does in Mission
> > Impossible.It's entertainment***********
>

> you ve got to stop watching One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest Peter! Jack
> Nicholsons charachter wasnt real.

++++++AND THE MATRIX WAS ??????????????+++++++++++>

> > **********Why do you always pick the extremes,Pork Pie factory!!!!!!What
> > percentage of people actually work in such jobs,And some people prefer
> > non-thinking jobs********************
>
> its a job, people work in mundane jobs everyday. Doesnt matter on the
> title. Its the fact that we are simply fodder for the state that
> encourages to indulge in fantasy, a point quite clearly demonstrated
> in the film The Matrix to cite a paradoxical example.

++++++++++I think the problem lies with your sense of "Us and them
"stance,We are all part of the state ,We all contribute and take .We are all
cogs in the machine,all working together as a team to make society a better
place,Exept Ipat who does nt want to play++++++++++

> > there is a forgotten population of people referred to as spastics
> >
> > ************Now you are showing your age "spastics"was a charity,But
changed
> > their name about 15 years ago,most people of schoolage wont of heard the
> > word spastic*************
>
> my son used it the other week strangely. i pulled him up about it, he
> had no idea of what it meant. I then made him sit down and listen to
> Ian Drury some of which he liked. He'll use the word for shock value i
+++++++I put that down to bad parenting ;-)++++++++++++

> suppose, not that they know what they are shocking
>

> > **********You really are making this up.Did nt you see the para-olympics
on
> > TV?As many disabled kids are being put into mainstreem schools as
> > possible************
>
> Peter, i see people employ mixed race workers and then in the pub
> amongst their own kind refer to them as coons. You goto the football
> and it champions itself on kicking out racism. Has it?
> Education on one hand is having an effective approach, the threat of
> legal action is also changing things. But is this changing the way
> people look at - in this case - the disabled or is it merely scaring
> them to play along?

+++++++++++I think the problem exists because people such as yourself try to
put all people in the same catorgory,trying to get all people to be the
same,Whereas all people are different.I'm not saying one is better than the
other,just that.Everyone has there strenghts and
weaknesses.............exept them++++++++(treading on thin ice here:-(

> I dont know the answer to that.
>
> are you happy Peter?

++++++I though I was ,But I m sure you know better.
Let me geuss .I think Im happy,But Im not really,It's just the state
manipulating my thoughts ,making me think Im happy just so Im subserviant to
there every whim.The state feeds me films and newspapers to control my every
movement.,I cant think and am just a robot ? If thats the case then Im happy
that way   +++++++++