[kj] OT: Oddly Enough

PRAEst76 praest76 at escapism.co.uk
Tue Nov 16 14:41:12 EST 2004

dub wrote:

> I was always told that the legend/myth of Tír na nÓg (Land of the Young),
> some way relates to fact that Atlantis, was somewhere off the coast of
> Ireland.

Rathlin?

> Another legend/myth was that of Hy Brasil, an island off the west coast of
> Ireland that only appeared every 7 years, but disappeared if approached or
> one died if they seen it.

Very familiar. I think I read something about this... or someone else
did and informed me about it until some parts of it sunk in.

> As I say both these are legends or myths, but every legend has it's basis in
> fact somewhere?

this might be what I'm remembering hearing but my mind seems to often
reject the details in favour of vagueness. Allows more mental sotrange
for inane pop lyrics.

> If interested in that sort of thing
> http://www.cyberfae.com/library/fairyfaith/ffcc260.html

Kinda but it's too much for me when I've run out of Ritalin. I'll wait
for someone to make a documentory and then tape it and forget about it.

--
PRAEst76
http://www.escapism.co.uk/praest76