[kj] OT: Pirating of new U2 release

peter.west410 peter.west410 at ntlworld.com
Wed Nov 10 04:55:31 EST 2004

"To me it's a weak argument to say U2 is bad because your mother could like
it (your mother could also like Killing Joke -circa Night Time or BTATS-)".

Family gathering and granny,I said:

  When I first got "Nightime", I went up to my bedroom and stuck it
on..............Only to have too go downstairs a few minutes later to
declare"It's not me making those heavy breathing sounds mum,It's my new
record" I bought my first pair of headphones shortly afterwards(about 30
minutes later;-)
    What I dislike most about U2 is their song "New years day",For about 10
consecutive years,Wherever I was at 2 mins past midnight on Jan 1
st..............................Guitar ,guitar ,guitar.......Then Bonos
squeaky patronising Irish accented wine arose....."All is quiet on new years
day"..............What I mean is every new years day Everyone plays that
bloody song.....ruins my whole year.
     And he emphasizes his Irish accent when hes singing,As too say"Im a
poor oirish guy,The English nicked all our potatoes 500 years ago,I came
through all the troubles and riots,That's why I play loud music" kind of
thing .
    And when he goes on about"I can see seven towers and only one way
out",He was talking about an estate in his hometown................But he
did nt actually live on the estate,He lived in a nice Semi in a comfortable
part of town.
    Working-class wannabees(Just like The Clash were)
           PW