[kj] It's a thin line..........

parasikon parasikon at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 7 21:46:19 EST 2004

Don't know much of anything about The Darkness.Heard maybe a piece of one or two songs,but the vocals sounded so horrible that it made me want to run away screaming.So,guess i didn't stick around long enough to take note of any similarities.Bands i'd say were similar though would be bands like New Model Army,Tool,Godflesh,old Black Sabbath,Led Zeppelin,The Doors,Iron Maiden,King Crimson,ect.Not so much that Killing Joke sound anything at all like one or the other,but maybe that their agenda might have been similar at one time or another.I guess i think of bands like these because it seems like what they created was atmosphere/landscape.I like for music to sound like you can actually step into it and live.Seems like that's the only thing that could ever share common ground with Killing Joke.

"peter.west410" <peter.west410 at ntlworld.com> wrote:OK I understand that you don't like them,But can you see the similarities?
Or is that something you would rather not think about?
Their one album has sold more world-wide ,Than all of KJs have put
together in 25 years.
Regarding the "dead in the water".The Darkness are more alive than KJ are.

How can you dislike a band which doe snt take themselves seriously It's like
saying I detest "Spinal Tap".

If you hate the Darkness then Im afraid the Jokes on you

PW
(Who believes in a thing called love)