[kj] Hypo-pathetically speaking

GregSlawson at aol.com GregSlawson at aol.com
Tue Nov 2 19:44:22 EST 2004

In a message dated 11/2/2004 4:51:07 PM Eastern Standard Time,
peter.west410 at ntlworld.com writes:

> The U.N was set up after WW11,It was supposed the represent every country in
> the world.
>    The idea was that if any future conflicts arise ,Then all the worlds
> leaders(There is more than one world leader, Americans) could m.eet up and
> resolve the dispute without resorting to a war.
>    I think it failed because no-one takes any notice of it's resoulotions
> and it doe snt have any fire-power (Army)to back up its demands.
> It's a bit like communism really:A good idea ,but does nt work in practice.
>    PW

True--Peter is finally making some sense in recent posts. I add that the UN
doesn't work because the US vetoes any useful resolutions, and at other times
it is just seen as a rubber stamp for what the US wants.
An for the statement about it being like communism, I agree that it hasen't
yet worked in practice (I'm a communist so I have to remain optimistic). The
reason is that it wasn't implemented right--it was done in a half-ass way, so to
speak. We'll try it right in the future.