[kj] remixes and OT Stranglers

Geoffrey ODonoghue gathering@misera.net
Mon, 29 Mar 2004 14:15:25 -0800 (PST)

--0-612581904-1080598525=:62062

Many thanks to Rob's Arse and Mr Rangecroft for refreshing my memory about the 'bogus' Knaves mix of K&Q. Now that I think about it I'm sure I downloaded it (might try to locate it on the mess that is my home computer).

Bit of a buzz going on at the moment about one of my long-time favourite bands - The Stranglers. I have never lost touch with this band, and have kept on buying their albums while their general popularity waned. The departure of Hugh Cornwell didn't faze me as it did some (who consider that with Hugh gone, The Stranglers were gone). There is and always was more than one good tunesmith in that band as they have gone on to prove. Hugh's departure may even have been their salvation as I consider their tenth and last studio outing with him (inventively titled 10) to probably be their weakest. Having said that, there isn't any Stranglers album that I dislike and even 10 can offer the excellent opening and closing tracks Sweet Smell of Success and Never to Look Back. Like Alex (Sleepless) in NYC I am hoping that they will be able to tour beyond Europe although making the hike down here to Australia is obviously much harder than hopping the pond.

Geoff

Paul Rangecroft <killing_j0ke@hotmail.com> wrote:
>From: Geoffrey ODonoghue
>
>Secondly - a while back someone trotted out a rare KJ remix and then
>subsequently revealed that it was, in fact, all their own work (definitely
>fooled me :-)
>What was remixed song? Was it the Right Royal Mix of Kings and Queens or is
>that one readily available?

yes, that was me. the 'right royal' mix is fairly easy to obtain. there's
another mix called the 'knaves' mix. all the 12"s meant to include this were
unfortunately mis-presses so nobody's heard it (apart from a lucky few) so i
did a spoof mix just for a larf. it's not on the yahoo group any more but i
can upload it again if you really want it.