[kj] worst ever poll

William O'Donnell gathering@misera.net
Mon, 22 Mar 2004 14:21:20 -0800

----- Original Message -----
From: "Paul Rangecroft" <killing_j0ke@hotmail.com>
To: <gathering@misera.net>
Sent: Monday, March 22, 2004 7:00 AM
Subject: [kj] worst ever poll

> right, it's dead so here we go with yet another poll. i'll start with a
few
> on topic i missed from the last one and then get personal...
>
> KILLING JOKE'S WORST EVER:
>
> 1. PRODUCER
I'd have to go with Youth on Democracy.  That was just.... meh!

> 2. DANCE MIX
I dunno, the Millenium mixes except for the Sank ones....

> 3. CONVENTIONAL REMIX
> What was the need for re-recording Wardance in 2003?

> 4. MISSED OPPORTUNITY
Not making Democracy a better album than it was.

> YOUR WORST EVER...
>
> 5. JOB
Gluing and stacking picture frames at a warehouse.

> 6. DECISION
Making an unwise job change (going from a motel night auditor to a hotel
bellman).

> 7. SEXUAL EXPERIENCE
My first, taking place in a parked car. It was interrupted by a flashlight
shining through the window.  Fortunately, nothing really tragic came of it;
the cop just asked us to "take it somewhere else."

> 8. MISTAKE
Lending out stuff to people and never getting it back (Lost my copy of the
original pressing of Body Count's first CD--man, was I annoyed!)

> 9. EBARRASSING INCIDENT

> THE WORST EVER...
>
> 10. GIG YOU'VE BEEN TO
I'd say black tape for a blue girl and Lycia at ProjektFest one year....  I
love listening to their studio recordings, but I wasn't terribly gripped
live.

> 11. ALBUM YOU'VE BOUGHT
"Tragic Kingdom" by No Doubt.  I just bought it because everyone else was
buying it.  I regretted it.

> 12. SINGLE YOU'VE BOUGHT
"Shake" by Andrew Ridgeley.  *shudder*

> 13. FILM YOU'VE PAID TO SEE
tie: "Spawn" and "Event Horizon"

> 14. BOOK YOU'VE READ
"Anthony Shriek" by Jessica Amanda Salmonson.  This one inspired my 60-page
rule.

> 15. TV SHOW YOU'VE SEEN
"American Idol"

> 16. MUSIC VIDEO YOU'VE SEEN
tie: "Gave Up" by Nine Inch Nails and "Crucified" by Army of Lovers

> 17. HOLIDAY YOU'VE HAD
Too many to count.

> 18. CRIME YOU'VE COMMITTED
downloading music, getting parking tickets

> 19. LIE YOU'VE TOLD
saying I was a better bassist than I was at the time.

> 20. OTHER VERY BAD THING YOU DID
bought 3 out of 4 Jesus Jones albums