[kj] OT:What book are you reading??

Alexander Smith vassifer at earthlink.net
Thu Jul 15 12:40:43 EDT 2004

Well, it's damn tough finding the time to read with a three-month old
in the house, but over the weekend, I breezed through Mark Kermode's
film study of William Friedkin's "The Exorcist" (2nd Revised Edition),
which goes into slavish detail about the film (how it was made, what
took place, what they left out, what various things signify, the
controversy/fallout following its release, etc. etc.) If you get
obsessed with films like I do, books like these (from the BFI Film
Classics series) make for really compelling reading. If only they'd
cover more of the films I obsess over.

Also taking my time through David Sedaris' new collection, "Dress Your
Family in Denim & Corduroy". So far, it's not as funny as his last book
(the truly exceptional "Me Talk Pretty One Day"), but it has its
moments.

Alex in NYC