[kj] OT a most blucey Poll

bluce ree bluceree2003 at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Aug 2 12:20:13 EDT 2004

You know the drill- copy & paste into a new message before sharing your pearls of wisdom

1. Name - Richie

2. Reached 30 yet? - this October... which I'm not exactly thrilled about

3. Kids? - nope, hate them

4. Location - St Helens, but spiritually and originally from London

5. Fave KJ song - Empire Song

6. Fave KJ album - Revelations

7. Fave KJ member - Geordie

8. Aspects of last album you would like to see featured in the next one
- I'd have Geordie playing guitar on it.

9.  Aspects of last album you would like to be abandoned for the next one
- I'd like to see Geordie stop using crap metal riffs, Jaz can stop doing the political thing and lizard voice, get a proper drummer, write the album before you record it, write, rehearse and record it as a band.  Get a certain Mike Coles to do the artwork.

10. Will this 25th anniversary gig ever happen?
- nope, lets pretend that Camden was it

11. Should Fire Dances and HA! be re-released as a combined CD (like the cassette)?
- why not?

12. Should Love Like Blood be re-issued as a single for its 20th anniversary?
- only if it's backed with Blucey remixes

13. Would it chart again?
- only if it's backed with Blucey remixes

14. Most under-rated KJ song
- Pilgrimage - my 2nd fave KJ song

15. Most over-rated
- Rubicon, it's crap, the album's crap as well.

16. 3 bands you would like to see on the same bill as KJ
- Fugazi, Q and not U, At The Drive-in

17. Last album you bought
- Sparta - Porcelain (well, bought is kind of the wrong term for it)

18. Last film you saw
- the extraordinarily good Hellboy.

19. Last book you read
- Not Necessarily Stoned But Beautiful

20. Next album you're going to listen to
- the next Mars Volta one

21. What contemporary bands do you rate
- see q.16

22. Your all-time favourite bands

The Cure
Killing Joke
Hendrix
Banshees

23. Your 8 "Desert Island Discs"

KJ - revelations, ATD-i - relationship of command, Fugazi - 13 songs, Fugazi - Steady Diet of Nothing, Cure - Kiss Me, Kiss Me, Kiss Me, Cure - Head On The door, Shelter - Mantra, Luscious Jackson - Fever In, Fever Out