[kj] OT a most august Poll

Peter Moltesen moltesen at freenetname.co.uk
Mon Aug 2 12:43:26 EDT 2004

Hi
My first (tentative) post........
cheers,
Peter

1. Name
Peter Moltesen

2. Reached 30 yet?
shit - yes - 9 years ago

3. Kids?
no

4. Location
Birmingham

5. Fave KJ song
Aeon

6. Fave KJ album
probably between the first one & Pandaemonium

7. Fave KJ member
Geordie. Not that I know him or anything, but when I'm angry (which is happening a lot
at the moment, as we're in the middle of buying/selling/moving house and the whole thing is
just starting to take on that familiar pear shape), absolutely nothing is as cathartic as listening
to the sound of that guitar

8. Aspects of last album you would like to see featured in the next one
Asteroid, Blood on Your Hands, D & RS

9.  Aspects of last album you would like to be abandoned for the next one
the plodders - Loose Cannon

10. Will this 25th anniversary gig ever happen?
hope so

11. Should Fire Dances and HA! be re-released as a combined CD (like the cassette)?
nope - I'm for the seperate, expanded versions with previously unreleased stuff

12. Should Love Like Blood be re-issued as a single for its 20th anniversary?
no

13. Would it chart again?
don't know / care

14. Most under-rated KJ song
most of the Democracy album...........

15. Most over-rated
most of the Night Time album

16. 3 bands you would like to see on the same bill as KJ
Hawkwind circa 1972, Joy Division, Van der Graaf Generator

17. Last album you bought
Sunn O)) - White 2

18. Last film you saw
can't remember -

19. Last book you read
The Angel of Mons - David Clarke

20. Next album you're going to listen to
probably the Secret Machines album

21. What contemporary bands do you rate
Mogwai, Circle, The Heads, Secret Machines,
Electric Wizard, Interpol, {Cultureindustry},

22. Your all-time favourite bands
Current 93, Hawkwind, New Model Army, Joy Division, Here & Now,
Fields of the Nephilim, Ash Ra Tempel, VdGG, The Oroonies,
pre acid house Psychic TV, Amon Duul 2

23. Your 8 "Desert Island Discs"
in no particular order, this week they are
KJ - Pandaemonium
Quintessence - second album
Loop - Fade Out
Cardiacs - Heaven Born & Ever Bright
Neu! - first album
The Damned - Machine Gun Etiquette
Current 93 - All the Pretty Little Horses
Arvo Part - De Profundis