[kj] OT centrino - what's all that about

woody2shooz woody2shooz at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Apr 29 10:26:41 EDT 2004

I did some similar shopping and found that higher spec laptops are available with faster processors for less money. Then add a wireless adaptor pcmcia card for about 40 quid and you can get transfer rates of 54 mbps as opposed to the 11mbps offered by centrino. you can still connect to wi-fi at the lower rates.

with the money saved, invest in a wireless adsl modem/router (about 80 quid) for the home, invite your friends round with their laptops and all share the same connection. add on webcams and set up a video chat room and you'll never need to look each other in the eye again.
well, it saved my marriage anyway
graham