[kj] OT centrino - what's all that about

Jester webmaster at killing-joke.com
Thu Apr 29 09:45:19 EDT 2004

I know we will all regret this...haha

Well, I know that new, the lower end machines are about $1,000.00 (USD
of course...). and as far as internet goes, it is WI-FI compatible, so
if you are in a Wi-Fi area, you should automatically get internet. Just
turn the machine on and you should pull an IP address. I know there are
zones in  California, I think in the Bay area, that consist of entire
neighborhoods that have a Wi-Fi connection, but check locally.
Otherwise, I think a wireless connection will cost you some money per
month. Around $30.00 - $50.00 a month in the states...so should be
about the same amount in the UK. Still, not a bad deal at all. I am
thinking of doing this as well. Linux does work on these machines too.

http://news.com.com/2110-1005-5055974.html

http://www.intel.com/products/mobiletechnology/wireless.htm?
iid=ipp_mobiletech+intro_wireless&

Cheers,
Jester

"Psychos do not burst into flames when sunlight hits them. I don't give
a fuck how crazy they are!"