[kj] OT: R.Kelly Likens Self to Bin Laden

gathering@misera.net gathering@misera.net
Tue, 16 Sep 2003 09:21:30 +0200 (MEST)

i think in most parts of europe the age when teens have their own right to
decide whether they want to have sex is now 14. there were some troubles
though with homosexuality, since some countries wanted to differ with sexuality:
homosexuality was for a while only allowed after you were 18 (if you were
male!). however, this was now found to be against equality and so this law had to
fall.
still, if you are an adult and force a 14-17-year-old to have sex with you
in any way, even without violence but with, say, addict him / her to you in
any way for example, you can get trialed for it, from what i understand. so
this is kind of a grey-zone in the law.
however, i think that most kids do have a good understanding about sex with
that age and are responsible for themselves.
i can't talk about R. Kelly though, since i haven't folled the case and the
law in the US seems to be quite different, too. but he's an idiot if he
thinks that comparing himself with Bin Laden will bring him any sympathies!

my two cents....
Astrid.