[kj] Raven's MUM on the radio!

Rob's Arse gathering@misera.net
Sat, 25 Oct 2003 08:33:50 -0700 (PDT)

I shit thee not.

Here in the UK we have a show on Radio 4 hosted by the legendary John Peel called Home Truths. It's pleasant Saturday morning listening. Tales of quirkiness, weird coincidences, lost and found relatives etc.

Anyway, apparantly they were talking about lullabies last week and how they soothed children off to sleep and perhaps made them calmer individuals. After the topic is discussed, you can phone/email in your comments.

This morning, I half heard the name "Raven" mentioned and my ears pricked up to hear a brief story about how a Mrs Raven (can't remember the first name, sorry) used to sing her little boy Paul off to sleep and how it was a fat lot of good cos he turned out to be the bass player in Killing Joke. Then followed a brief snippet of Total Invasion and Peelie expressing his admiration for the Joke but admitting to not having heard the new album (shame on him)!

You may be able to catch this programme on line, I dunno, but try searching around at http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/hometruths/ .

And we thought he was a tough guy!

Free email at www.Z6.com ( and home of worldmap.com)