[kj] Raven's MUM on the radio!

Tim Bucknall gathering@misera.net
Sat, 25 Oct 2003 16:37:10 +0100

it's repeated 1130 at night  on monday

----- Original Message -----
From: "Rob's Arse" <joker@Z6.com>
To: <gathering@misera.net>
Sent: Saturday, October 25, 2003 4:33 PM
Subject: [kj] Raven's MUM on the radio!

> I shit thee not.
>
> Here in the UK we have a show on Radio 4 hosted by the legendary John Peel
called Home Truths. It's pleasant Saturday morning listening. Tales of
quirkiness, weird coincidences, lost and found relatives etc.

> Anyway, apparantly they were talking about lullabies last week and how
they soothed children off to sleep and perhaps made them calmer individuals.
After the topic is discussed, you can phone/email in your comments.

> This morning, I half heard the name "Raven" mentioned and my ears pricked
up to hear a brief story about how a Mrs Raven (can't remember the first
name, sorry) used to sing her little boy Paul off to sleep and how it was a
fat lot of good cos he turned out to be the bass player in Killing Joke.
Then followed a brief snippet of Total Invasion and Peelie expressing his
admiration for the Joke but admitting to not having heard the new album
(shame on him)!

searching around at http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/hometruths/ .