[kj] OT: Elliott Smith Dead

Rob's Arse gathering@misera.net
Wed, 22 Oct 2003 07:29:08 -0700 (PDT)

Also the owner of the most miserable looking face in music! Still, very sad. Wonder if he rouged up like the Japanese did and got a roadie there with a big axe to chop his head off in case of failure?

Sorry to make light of it but stabbing yourself in the in teh stomach seems such a weird way to kill yourself.

--- "Alex Smith" <vassifer@earthlink.net> wrote:

Not sure if anyone on this would be bothered much by this, but it seems that
singer/songwriter Elliott Smith just committed suicide by stabbing himself
in the stomach (how Japanese of him!). I was indeed a fan (ex-lead singer of
the band, Heatmeiser, most renowned for his songs in the films "Good Will
Hunting" and "the Royal Tenenbaums"), but I can't stand to see him reduced
to yet another dopey rock cliche.

Still, very sad.

Alex in NYC

Free email at www.Z6.com ( and home of worldmap.com)