[kj] OT: Elliott Smith Dead

Alex Smith gathering@misera.net
Wed, 22 Oct 2003 09:34:55 -0500

--MS_Mac_OE_3149660096_372292_MIME_Part

Not sure if anyone on this would be bothered much by this, but it seems that
singer/songwriter Elliott Smith just committed suicide by stabbing himself
in the stomach (how Japanese of him!). I was indeed a fan (ex-lead singer of
the band, Heatmeiser, most renowned for his songs in the films "Good Will
Hunting" and "the Royal Tenenbaums"), but I can't stand to see him reduced
to yet another dopey rock cliche.

Still, very sad.

Alex in NYC

--MS_Mac_OE_3149660096_372292_MIME_Part

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>[kj] OT: Elliott Smith Dead</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY BGCOLOR=3D"#FFFFFF">
<BLOCKQUOTE><BR>
<BR>
Not sure if anyone on this would be bothered much by this, but it seems tha=
t singer/songwriter Elliott Smith just committed suicide by stabbing himself=
 in the stomach (how Japanese of him!). I was indeed a fan (ex-lead singer o=
f the band, Heatmeiser, most renowned for his songs in the films &quot;Good =
Will Hunting&quot; and &quot;the Royal Tenenbaums&quot;), but I can't stand =
to see him reduced to yet another dopey rock cliche.<BR>
<BR>
Still, very sad.<BR>
<BR>
Alex in NYC</BLOCKQUOTE>
</BODY>
</HTML>

--MS_Mac_OE_3149660096_372292_MIME_Part--