[kj] Re: Loose Cannon imminent?

Jester gathering@misera.net
Mon, 26 May 2003 20:32:57 -0500

--B_3136825978_12151135

On 05/26/2003 8:25 PM, "Alexander  Smith" <vassifer@earthlink.net> wrote:

>=20
> I play sports.....or sport (singular)...that being Softball, which I only=
 play
> as an excuse to go drinking afterwards,
>=20
> Isn=B9t that North American Sports culture? I mean, tailgating (here it is =
BBQ
> brisket, sausage wraps, chicken, fajitas etc), heavy drinking, etc? The
> culture is what it is, no matter what real your talking about.
>=20
> but I hate American Sports Culture....
>=20
> Tis no different from any other sports culture in the world. We all have =
our
> riots, we all have the favoritism (which goes along with any celeb status=
),
> and there will always be people who like it, and people who dislike it. J=
ust
> like everything else. Would seriously make for a boring world if we all l=
iked
> the same thing.=20
>=20
> and so should everyone here, goddammit!
>=20
> No we shouldn=B9t. Hey, if we have to hear about kick ball on rare occasion=
> without complaint, then if the few that like hockey, basketball, and othe=
> sports can make comment every now and again. Hell, I could bombard the li=
st
> with my vast knowledge of the trap, and why a butterfly goaltender will a=
lways
> be successful. But I don=B9t. I save that torment for Axford...hahaha
>=20

--B_3136825978_12151135

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>Re: [kj] Re: Loose Cannon imminent?</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<FONT FACE=3D"Verdana">On 05/26/2003 8:25 PM, &quot;Alexander &nbsp;Smith&quo=
t; &lt;vassifer@earthlink.net&gt; wrote:<BR>
<BR>
</FONT><BLOCKQUOTE><FONT FACE=3D"Verdana"><BR>
I play sports.....or sport (singular)...that being Softball, which I only p=
lay as an excuse to go drinking afterwards, <BR>
<BR>
Isn&#8217;t that North American Sports culture? I mean, tailgating (here it=
 is BBQ brisket, sausage wraps, chicken, fajitas etc), heavy drinking, etc? =
The culture is what it is, no matter what real your talking about.<BR>
<BR>
but I <B><I><U>hate</U></I></B> American Sports Culture....<BR>
<BR>
Tis no different from any other sports culture in the world. We all have ou=
r riots, we all have the favoritism (which goes along with any celeb status)=
, and there will always be people who like it, and people who dislike it. Ju=
st like everything else. Would seriously make for a boring world if we all l=
iked the same thing. <BR>
<BR>
and so should everyone here, goddammit!<BR>
<BR>
No we shouldn&#8217;t. Hey, if we have to hear about kick ball on rare occa=
sions without complaint, then if the few that like hockey, basketball, and o=
ther sports can make comment every now and again. Hell, I could bombard the =
list with my vast knowledge of the trap, and why a butterfly goaltender will=
 always be successful. But I don&#8217;t. I save that torment for Axford...h=
ahaha<BR>
<BR>
</FONT></BLOCKQUOTE>
</BODY>