[kj] OT: Seroxat

PRAEst76 gathering@misera.net
Tue, 29 Jul 2003 12:48:43 +0100

Neil Perry sed...

> A friend of mine was on it until recently, she finally stopped
> after she started bleeding internally. These articles were in the
> Guardian recently:

> Coroner calls for inquiry into Seroxat

> http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk_news/story/0,3604,912963,00.html

> Touching the void
> Regulators have just banned the prescription of the antidepressant
> Seroxat to
> under-18s. Novelist Helen Walsh, who was suicidal during her time on the
> drug,
> knows why

> http://www.guardian.co.uk/g2/story/0,3604,975448,00.html

I went up to 60mgs once. It just made me agitated. But i knew people
who went off their nut.

I wouldn't advise anyone to take it. Just seen too many people go
through hell on that crap.

I just don't think science is advanced enough to understand the human
mind well enough to create reliable medications that won't fuck the
mind up. Me, I just rely on exercise, mental discipline, moderate
chocolate intake and a routine of self-abuse involving barbed
wire and rough wooden spikes.

--
PRAEst76
http://www.apxf85.dsl.pipex.com/praest76