[kj] OT: Seroxat

Mark Saxton gathering@misera.net
Tue, 29 Jul 2003 20:08:18 +0100

------=_NextPart_000_0030_01C3560D.27308280

Thanks for that Neil, very interesting but not surprising.
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Neil Perry=20
  To: gathering@misera.net=20
  Sent: Tuesday, July 29, 2003 12:09 PM
  Subject: Re: [kj] OT: Seroxat

  A friend of mine was on it until recently, she finally stopped=20
  after she started bleeding internally. These articles were in the=20
  Guardian recently:=20
  Coroner calls for inquiry into Seroxat=20

  http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk_news/story/0,3604,912963,00.html=20

  Touching the void=20
  Regulators have just banned the prescription of the antidepressant =
Seroxat to=20
  under-18s. Novelist Helen Walsh, who was suicidal during her time on =
the drug,=20
  knows why=20

  http://www.guardian.co.uk/g2/story/0,3604,975448,00.html=20

  N=20
   =20

  Mark Saxton wrote:=20

    Seroxat is a seriously powerful drug that IS addictive, despite all =
the initial ballyhoo that SSRIs are not . You try coming off it, it is =
worse than the depths of terror that led you to it in the first place, =
who knows of long term effects?Oh yeah, together with alcohol I have had =
some wild experiences, culminating in resignation from my job as a =
Psychiatric Nurse and incarceration for 4 months. I still don't know if =
Seroxat was to blame, though I know I had Bi-Polar tendencies prior, =
nothing like the absolute euphoria and mayhem that followed and =
continues to simmer to this day.This is one of the reasons I adore KJ so =
much, it reflects the chaotic fearful mind but is infused with great =
beauty and hope too.I'd be interested to know more about your =
experiences with Seroxat.Do you get the "minds eye as television screen =
cutting out for half a second accompanied by electro shock sensation =
whenever you move too quickly or turn your head " syndrome, if you miss =
a couple of doses?Let me know, off to down my 30mg, down from 40 =
recently.Cheers.

------=_NextPart_000_0030_01C3560D.27308280

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2600.0" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Thanks for that Neil, very interesting =
but not=20
surprising.</FONT></DIV></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=3Dltr=20
  <DIV=20
black"><B>From:</B>=20
  <A title=3DNeilfperry@btinternet.com=20
  href=3D"mailto:Neilfperry@btinternet.com">Neil Perry</A> </DIV>
title=3Dgathering@misera.net=20
  href=3D"mailto:gathering@misera.net">gathering@misera.net</A> </DIV>
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Sent:</B> Tuesday, July 29, 2003 =
12:09=20
  PM</DIV>
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Subject:</B> Re: [kj] OT: =
Seroxat</DIV>
  <DIV><BR></DIV>A friend of mine was on it until recently, she finally =
stopped=20
  <BR>after she started bleeding internally. These articles were in the=20
  <BR>Guardian recently:=20
  <P>Coroner calls for inquiry into Seroxat=20
  <P><A=20
  =
href=3D"http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk_news/story/0,3604,912963,00.html">ht=
tp://www.guardian.co.uk/uk_news/story/0,3604,912963,00.html</A>=20

  <P>Touching the void <BR>Regulators have just banned the prescription =
of the=20
  antidepressant Seroxat to <BR>under-18s. Novelist Helen Walsh, who was =

  suicidal during her time on the drug, <BR>knows why=20
  <P><A=20
  =
href=3D"http://www.guardian.co.uk/g2/story/0,3604,975448,00.html">http://=
www.guardian.co.uk/g2/story/0,3604,975448,00.html</A>=20

  <P>N <BR>&nbsp;=20
  <P>Mark Saxton wrote:=20
  <BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=3D"CITE">
    <STYLE type=3Dtext/css>Yahoo line-height fix FONT {
	LINE-HEIGHT: normal
}
</STYLE>
    <FONT face=3DArial><FONT size=3D-1>Seroxat is a seriously powerful =
drug that IS=20
    addictive, despite all the initial ballyhoo that SSRIs are not . You =
try=20
    coming off it, it is worse than the depths of terror that led you to =
it in=20
    the first place, who knows of long term effects?</FONT></FONT><FONT=20
    face=3DArial><FONT size=3D-1>Oh yeah, together with alcohol I have =
had some wild=20
    experiences, culminating in resignation from my job as a Psychiatric =
Nurse=20
    and incarceration for 4 months. I still don't know if Seroxat was to =
blame,=20
    though I know I had Bi-Polar tendencies prior, nothing like the =
absolute=20
    euphoria and mayhem that followed and continues to simmer to this =
day.This=20
    is one of the reasons I adore KJ so much, it reflects the chaotic =
fearful=20
    mind but is infused with great beauty and hope =
too.</FONT></FONT><FONT=20
    face=3DArial><FONT size=3D-1>I'd be interested to know more about =
your=20
    experiences with Seroxat.Do you get the "minds eye as television =
screen=20
    cutting out for half a second accompanied by electro shock sensation =

    whenever you move too quickly or turn your head " syndrome, if you =
miss a=20
    couple of doses?</FONT></FONT><FONT face=3DArial><FONT size=3D-1>Let =
me know,=20
    off to down my 30mg, down from 40=20
recently.Cheers.</FONT></FONT></BLOCKQUOTE></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0030_01C3560D.27308280--