[kj] OT: Seroxat

Neil Perry gathering@misera.net
Tue, 29 Jul 2003 12:09:31 +0100

--------------AD57785DF18FB344FAAE797E

A friend of mine was on it until recently, she finally stopped
after she started bleeding internally. These articles were in the
Guardian recently:

Coroner calls for inquiry into Seroxat

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk_news/story/0,3604,912963,00.html

Touching the void
Regulators have just banned the prescription of the antidepressant
Seroxat to
under-18s. Novelist Helen Walsh, who was suicidal during her time on the
drug,
knows why

http://www.guardian.co.uk/g2/story/0,3604,975448,00.html

Mark Saxton wrote:

> Seroxat is a seriously powerful drug that IS addictive, despite all
> the initial ballyhoo that SSRIs are not . You try coming off it, it is
> worse than the depths of terror that led you to it in the first place,
> who knows of long term effects?Oh yeah, together with alcohol I have
> had some wild experiences, culminating in resignation from my job as a
> Psychiatric Nurse and incarceration for 4 months. I still don't know
> if Seroxat was to blame, though I know I had Bi-Polar tendencies
> prior, nothing like the absolute euphoria and mayhem that followed and
> continues to simmer to this day.This is one of the reasons I adore KJ
> so much, it reflects the chaotic fearful mind but is infused with
> great beauty and hope too.I'd be interested to know more about your
> experiences with Seroxat.Do you get the "minds eye as television
> screen cutting out for half a second accompanied by electro shock
> sensation whenever you move too quickly or turn your head " syndrome,
> if you miss a couple of doses?Let me know, off to down my 30mg, down
> from 40 recently.Cheers.

--------------AD57785DF18FB344FAAE797E

A friend of mine was on it until recently, she finally stopped
Seroxat to
the drug,
	LINE-HEIGHT: normal
}