[kj] KJ: The Xian Rock Link Exposed

culture.virus gathering@misera.net
Mon, 22 Dec 2003 17:51:43 -0800

Well the two connections/degrees of separation that spring to mind are thru=
=20
Raven and Geordie.

Connection 1 is Raven and Geordie. They did the Murder Inc thang which=20
featured mixes by Jim Thirwell. Thirwell appears on the first album by=20
Argyle Park titled Misguided. Come to think of it so did Tommy Victor.

Connection 2 is via Raven's work in Prong. "Klayton" did production work on=
=20
Prong's Rude Awakening and some other Prong efforts. "Klayton" has recorded=
=20
under the name's Brainchild, Circle of Dust and currently Celldweller=20
(www.celldweller.com). He also was involved in the Argyle Park project=20
above and was the musical portion of the "Angeldust" illusions show with=20
Chris Angel. He's also done a bunch of work for MTV.

The Argyle Park album also links them to other Xian bands whose members=20
made guest appearances as well.

There's probably other connections/degrees of separation between KJ and the=
=20
Xian scene but none that I'm aware of that are so close.

At 09:06 PM 12/21/03, you wrote:
>I'd like to hear more about it, privately, of course...
>
>I figure the band has some rather Apocalyptic leanings, anyway.
>
>Regards,
>
>Rudolph A. Carrera
>Fal=E7ata-Galia Recordings

I am culturevirus=20