[Scons-users] SCons for Ansys APDL Analysis

Brindley, Kyle Andrew kbrindley at lanl.gov
Thu May 11 14:16:18 EDT 2023

Christopher,

I’m an R&D engineer from the Advanced Engineering Analysis group at Los Alamos National Laboratory (LANL). My background is computational materials science and structural analysis. I lead the WAVES software project with the goal of providing workflow automation for engineering analysis parametric studies. WAVES is developed by a small team of computer scientists and R&D engineers and our primary target audience is the engineering analysts in our group.

A colleague stumbled on your October 2022 email to the SCons users listserv “SCons for Ansys APDL Analysis” here: https://pairlist4.pair.net/pipermail/scons-users/2022-October/009077.html

It was a timely email, but I had not yet joined the SCons listserv. We started the WAVES project in April 2022 to manage engineering simulation dependencies exactly as you describe, with the first open-source release this past January. We have a small, but growing internal user base that has used SCons and WAVES to good effect. My group at LANL primarily uses Abaqus, so the builders and tutorials are Abaqus-centric, but I believe you could adopt the software to Ansys using the examples.

  *   GitHub: https://github.com/lanl/waves
  *   GitHub-Pages: https://lanl.github.io/waves/

While LANL does have some Ansys users, I can’t promise Ansys or external support at this time. However, I would be happy to learn about your use cases, hear about your experiences adapting SCons to engineering analysis, and discuss any feedback you may have.

Regards,

[signature_61897647]

Kyle Brindley, PhD
R&D Engineer
Advanced Engineering Analysis
pronouns: he/him/his

Los Alamos National Laboratory
lanl.gov

[signature_2770465158]<https://www.instagram.com/losalamosnatlab/>[signature_954204818]<https://twitter.com/LosAlamosNatLab>[signature_314665]<https://www.linkedin.com/company/los-alamos-national-laboratory>[signature_1590606376]<https://www.facebook.com/LosAlamosNationalLab/>