[Scons-users] compile scons submodule

Mats Wichmann mats at wichmann.us
Wed Feb 22 16:51:43 EST 2023

On 2/22/23 13:20, Brad Kraemer wrote:
> Hi Jan,
>
> Certainly lots of way to structure your build (with SCons you actually
> get the freedom to structure it out as you see fit). If your looking for
> inspiration, you can see the way mine are structured (using a few SCons
> tools I wrote). This may be significantly over (or under) board
> depending on your project but just another example of the possibilities.
>
> Hello SCons!
> <https://chiselapp.com/user/simplejack/repository/scons_hello/home>

I'll also point at the project I worked on that introduced me to SCons.
I didn't invent this scheme, I tried to polish it some, but it was at
very the beginning of my learning curve.  You're looking for the
directory "extlibs" for the actual included projects, and the scripts
"external_builders.scons" and "external_libs.scons" in "build_common",
which are called from the SConscript in that directory.  I now consider
this kind of ugly, but it did work.

https://github.com/iotivity/iotivity

(archived - that project has been superseded by a complete rewrite which
doesn't even use SCons)

Bet there are many other samples out there.