[Scons-users] SCons for Ansys APDL Analysis

Mats Wichmann mats at wichmann.us
Mon Oct 17 14:14:15 EDT 2022

On 10/17/22 12:02, Hubley, Christopher (GE Aerospace, US) wrote:

> I've got a couple of goals:
>
> * Generate results in a separate directory from source code
>    (I think that this requires copying the source into target directory and
>     removing it after compiling)

Zeroing in just on this one piece: SCons has support for this via a
concept called a "variant directory", which is a shadow of your source
directory (created either using links/copies, or by doing beind the
covers path fiddling, depending on options you select). You build in the
variant directory, leaving the results there, if you selected the
non-copying option, the sources won't be left there.