[Scons-users] SCons for Ansys APDL Analysis

Hubley, Christopher (GE Aerospace, US) Christopher.Hubley at ge.com
Mon Oct 17 14:13:48 EDT 2022

Hi Bill,
Thanks for following up!

"How are dependencies specified?"
In my case, I wrote a Builder using a Python function containing command object which runs several actions. So my Python function has an argument for "dependencies" and another one for "restart_files".

"Is there some syntax in the source file?"
The source file is an APDL script file, so it is a text file with APDL syntax. Ansys also typically will require a binary database file as a dependency, which contains finite element nodes and elements. You could generate these with a script, but it’s most often done interactively.

BTW why use tools=['mingw'] ?
I was getting an error from SCons. I think there is a bug which was recently fixed.
https://github.com/SCons/scons/issues/2813

Christopher K. Hubley
Senior Engineer, TFTJ Fan & Compressor
GE Aviation