[Scons-users] untar builder fails with error

Mats Wichmann mats at wichmann.us
Fri Nov 4 12:51:36 EDT 2022

On 11/4/22 10:26, Bill Deegan wrote:
> Dagg,
>
> Can you try with SCons 4.4.0?
>
> -Bill

Looked back at the error message, and it looks to me like something
isn't getting converted:

>      > and I'm getting this error:
>      > AttributeError: 'TarInfo' object has no attribute 'target_peers':
 >      >      env.Unpack(get_target(), deps_targets_list,

TarInfo is an object defined by the Python tarfile module

https://docs.python.org/3/library/tarfile.html#tarinfo-objects

It makes sense that one of those wouldn't know about SCons-specific
stuff.  The recipe on the wiki page contains a converter routine
tarInfoToNode - seems like you must have set up a path through things
where that isn't called. The emitter is *supposed* to handle that, not
sure if this tool is broken or what the story is.

BTW, I was wrong, this isn't the tool I used, there are two of these
things in the wiki, and my experience was with the other one:

https://github.com/SCons/scons/wiki/DownloadUnpack