[Scons-users] Non Construction steps in Scons

Bill Deegan bill at baddogconsulting.com
Sun May 15 17:21:44 EDT 2022

Not sure why you'd expect there to be built in solutions for every problem..
SCons is a make replacement. Does make pre-package all logic for all
things? Nope
In fact in includes far less canned logic.

SCons expects builders to read files and write files.
The datestamp is a hack around that.
The target is needed to know when the builder should be rerun..

Your script is really unnecessary complicated, you can do all this inside a
SConstruct. (and certainly you should never call SCons from within SCons in
the same dir)
It can have regular python logic in addition to builders.

As Mats said there's a contributed doxygen builder you can use for that,
and that would handle cleaning as well.

-Bill