[Scons-users] finding out which env causes this error: Two different environments were specified for target

Mats Wichmann mats at wichmann.us
Fri Mar 25 13:02:46 EDT 2022

On 3/25/22 09:40, daggs wrote:

>> Sent: Friday, March 25, 2022 at 6:26 PM
>> From: "Mats Wichmann" <mats at wichmann.us>
>> To: "daggs" <daggs at gmx.com>
>> Subject: Re: [Scons-users] finding out which env causes this error: Two different environments were specified for target
>>
>> On 3/25/22 09:23, daggs wrote:
>>
>>> I do something like this:
>>> for folder in [ a, b, c ]:
>>>     for modes in [ y. z ]:
>>>         export('mode')
>>>         sconscript("src/" + folder + "/SConscript", variant_dir = "out/" + folder + "." + mode, duplicate = 0. export('env'))
>>>
>>> the issue occurs when I define InstallAs in folder b
>>> if I remove it and add prints to the targets, I see them all ok.
>>
>> And what target is defined by the InstallAs call?
>>

> "tgt/" + folder + "." + mode + "/" + bin where bin differs for each folder

Okay, you're saying that you've commented out the InstallAs calls and it
works, but you've printed what the targets would have been for those and
they look suitably unique?  Or is my reparsing of the comment from your
earlier message wrong?

If so, it seems you've proven where the problem comes from (InstallAs)
and maybe SCons is interpreting that path differently than the pure
Python string comes out?