[Scons-users] License of code posted on SCons GitHub wiki

Kaelin Laundry kaelinl at cs.washington.edu
Sat Jan 15 01:48:45 EST 2022

Thanks Bill!

That makes sense and I appreciate the thoughts. Given the context, I’m pretty comfortable drawing from the wiki for this.

Our command lines are a bit over the 8192 limit; I think it was 8300 or so. This is specific to our test configuration when linking a binary including the app and its test suites. The object files are nested a level or two deep, making the file path strings a bit long.

A teammate of mine came across this docs page (https://scons.org/doc/3.0.4/HTML/scons-api/SCons.Platform.TempFileMunge-class.html) which seems to suggest an alternative by redirecting the parameters to a temp file and then having the tool pull its args from the file. We haven’t gotten to testing this yet but if it works with gcc (coordinating the linker) it would be preferable over the hack previously discussed.

Thanks again,
Kaelin