[Scons-users] Command with empty action turns a normal file target into a directory

Bill Deegan bill at baddogconsulting.com
Wed Jun 23 20:37:30 EDT 2021

Lem,

Generally I advise against doing much processing in scons process (aka in
python actions).
You're better off doing such in a script which scons runs.
Please don't do any non-trivial logic in python actions, you're just asking
for trouble.

Additionally by moving the logic into a standalone script, it's easier to
test..

Based on the way you specified the target's SCons has no way of knowing
what type they are (file or directory), so it must be deciding they're
directories, and then creating them as it expects files to be created in
them.

Directories are not "first class" objects in scons, but rather considered
containers.

-Bill