[Scons-users] Scons always rebuilding

Jeremy Elson jelson at gmail.com
Tue Oct 27 11:03:38 EDT 2020

Are you also migrating from a non-scons build system to scons? Or is it
that scons drove distcc properly but now is spuriously rebuilding when
you're using NFS files?

In your example compiler invocation, you elided the build flags. Are they
identical every time you run scons? scons rebuilds if the command line has
changed at all, e.g. if you're including a build timestamp in the complier
flags, or if the ordering of flags is not stable because you're storing
them in a set.