[Scons-users] Bundles as targets

Arvid Rosén arvid at softube.com
Wed Oct 7 03:42:00 EDT 2020

On 2020-10-06, 17:48, "Scons-users on behalf of Mats Wichmann" <scons-users-bounces at scons.org on behalf of mats at wichmann.us> wrote:
 >   > Not sure why you have to wipe the target directory? doesn't  scons -c
 >   > clean it for you?

 >  If you change the name of a bundle member (or in fact any target), scons
 >  only knows the new name and won't act on an old name. You'd have to
 >  remember to clean-first-then-rename. That's been an irritant for me in
 >  the past, although honestly, a pretty tiny one.

Hi,

Thanks for your replies!
scons -c works, but this is a very dangerous to rely on in my case. For example, the binary name will differ when we build debug and release versions of our bundles. So it is very easy to build a debug version, test it, and then build a release version and send it to someone without realizing that the debug binary is still present. Also, passing bundles between different build steps is impractical when they are handled as a bunch of files.

Cheers,
Arvid