[Scons-users] parallel builds on Windows

Damien damien at khubla.com
Wed Mar 25 12:39:18 EDT 2020

I just discovered it now works with VS 2019 16.5.1, whereas it didn't on
VS 2017 last time we checked (a year ago).

I added

env['CCPDBFLAGS'] = '/Zi /Fd${TARGET}.pdb'

to the environment, and we use the WaitForWritable from here:

https://chromium.googlesource.com/native_client/src/native_client/+/refs/tags/togit/site_scons/site_tools/target_platform_windows.py

so our installers work. I suspect VS 2019 has better incremental linking
now than 2017.

Damien