[Scons-users] AIX crashes with python3

Bill Deegan bill at baddogconsulting.com
Tue Jul 7 14:57:20 EDT 2020

There are cases where you want bytes.
(For example some of our tests it's better to get bytes than text)
Also text sometimes = universal new lines, which isn't separately
selectable and can cause win/posix compat issues.
So.. there are reasons.. and they are in the weeds, but also any code
expecting bytes (py27) will have the code change under them if the
effective default is changed.