[Scons-users] F90PPCOM vs F90COM not invoked correctly

Mats Wichmann mats at wichmann.us
Thu Apr 16 12:57:04 EDT 2020

On 4/16/20 10:35 AM, Luke Robison wrote:

> Mats,
>
> Interesting to note that the list is missing .F90 .F95 .F03 .F08.  I
> think the scanner would only affect the dependency generation, right?
> The Fortran Tool already defines it's own scanners, I'm not sure why any
> fortran file extensions would be in that CScanner list.

I figured it was because they're expected to be c-preprocessed, which is
what you were talking about - that's what is documented in
"SYSTEM-SPECIFIC BEHAVIOR" in the manpage.  Maybe the others you mention
above are missing because they were not intended to have this effect -
they're not documented as such - or maybe someone just forgot?

elsewise, this part of the codebase is opqaue to me, I haven't looked at
it directly.