[Scons-users] Question about SCons support of python 3.6 and 3.7

Sergey Torokhov torokhov_s_a at mail.ru
Sat May 18 05:54:50 EDT 2019

Mats, great thanks for viewing log files.

I  I re-ran the scons-3.0.5 tests phase with more detailed output (there is was "-s") flag in used build script.
T he log only for FAILED tests for python3.6 and 3.7  for scons-3.0.5 :

https://cloud.mail.ru/public/4icA/C4kKrmAbd

The fails are actually seems distributive specific because package manager build and test processes
are in sandbox environment:

1. Some clang tests failed due to "clang" command not found.
The test that success (e.g. "test/Clang/clang_default_environment.py")
seems not try run "clang" command. I think it's due to sandbox environment.

2. Docbook tests failed because of failed to load external "xmldepend.xsl" for parsing from
/var/tmp/portage/dev-util/scons-3.0.5/work/scons-3.0.5/src/engine/SCons/Tool/docbook/utils/
as this directory with files doesn't exist. For some reasons some files was removed from
build directory now by build script.

3. Java (I use java-jdk-8-202) test failed because couldn't find "jni.h"
- I think it just doesn't see appropriate include directory within sandbox env too.

Thank you again for explaining about status of SCons and tips.