[Scons-users] Question about SCons support of python 3.6 and 3.7

Mats Wichmann mats at wichmann.us
Fri May 17 15:14:26 EDT 2019

On 5/17/19 12:46 PM, Sergey Torokhov wrote:
> Thank you for response, Mats.
>
> I attached the link to archive with build and test
> log: https://cloud.mail.ru/public/3uxT/4BJU3SDL4
>
> There are at the end of log-files the sumurize list of failed and
> no-result tests for scons 3.0.4, 3.0.5 both for python 3.6 and python 3.7.
>
> Or you require more detailed log about failed tests?

the actual errors unfortunately aren't present in your logs, but from
the list of fails we can see it's Clang and Docbook tests, plus one Java
test.  The Java test (test/Java/multi-step.py) is going to fail if you
have Java 11, because Javah no longer exists and that test expects to
use it - that's a known issue (included here:
https://github.com/SCons/scons/issues/3347).  I can't see if you're
actually using Java 11 but making that guess.

The Clang and Docbook things are most probably something about the setup
- possibly the tests aren't careful enough about checking prerequisites;
the Docbook tests have in the past been a little cavalier about
expecting specific paths - those you'd find on Debian/Ubuntu but
possibly not right for other Linux distros.

Except the Java question, none of this sounds like a problem with scons
itself.