[Scons-users] Is it possible to obtain the real file path in SCONS generated dblite file?

Thomas Berg merlin66b at gmail.com
Fri Mar 29 12:00:46 EDT 2019

Hello Praveen,

On Fri, 29 Mar 2019 at 03:30, Praveen Singh Chetpet <
pcsingh at qti.qualcomm.com> wrote:

> Could you please help us on obtaining the actual source directory rather
> than the place from where it is being compiled during build time, or please
> suggest if there is any other way?

I'm not 100% sure I understood you correctly, but at build time it is
possible to obtain the absolute path of directories and files in the source
tree. Maybe these could be helpful:
env.Dir('#').srcnode().abspath
env.Dir('mydirectory').srcnode().abspath
env.File('mysourcefile.cpp').srcnode().abspath

The abspath is a string containing the paths. The # has special meaning and
means the root of the build (where the SConscript file is found). You can
pre-pend it to paths. Otherwise, paths are relative to the currently
executing SConscript I think.

Best regards,
Thomas