[Scons-users] optional build components

Mats Wichmann mats at wichmann.us
Fri Jan 4 14:13:35 EST 2019

On 1/4/19 11:36 AM, Bill Deegan wrote:
> Have you tried.
>
> Ignore('.',target_I_dont_want_to_build_by_Default)
> ?

Sigh.  Pasting from the manpage:

===
The specified dependency file(s) will be ignored when deciding if the
target file(s) need to be rebuilt.

You can also use Ignore to remove a target from the default build. In
order to do this you must specify the directory the target will be built
in as the target, and the file you want to skip building as the dependency.
===

I had somehow only been conscious of the first form....

(as I started with: think you know it, then it proves to you that you don't)