[Scons-users] Improve speed of windows environment

Pierre-Luc Boily pierreluc.boily at gmail.com
Tue Apr 23 13:48:31 EDT 2019

Ok, I tried  your solution but scons complains that Object doesn't exist,
(which is normal I know).  2 Stupids questions:

1- What is the difference between tools and builders in the environment?
By doing this :
DefaultEnvironment(tools=[])
env=Environment(tools=[],...)

both tools and builders are now empty.

2- I need env.Object, env.Library env.Program, but those are gone from the
BUILDERS section.  How to I add them when I create the Environment?  Tried
this, but that doesn't work :
sconsEnv = SCons.Environment.Environment(MSVC_VERSION = '10.0', TARGET_ARCH
= 'x86', tools=['Object'])

Thank you very much!

Pierre-Luc