[Scons-users] Improve speed of windows environment

Bill Deegan bill at baddogconsulting.com
Tue Apr 23 10:54:28 EDT 2019

Yes.
This has long been the case.
Launching processes in Windows is MUCH slower than linux.
When SCons starts up it tries to load all the default tools.
This involves launching numerous processes to see what tools are available
and also which version(s)
You can speed this up by only loading the tools you're using on windows.

Do you only use env.Program() or do you also use Program() (which uses the
DefaultEnvironment())
So:
DefaultEnvironment(tools=[])
env=Environment(tools=[only the tools you're using],...)

Should help.

-Bill