[Scons-users] Problem installing scons via pip

Martin Ritter martin.ritter at lmu.de
Fri Sep 21 05:16:03 EDT 2018

Hi all,

I have a very weird problem installing scons via pip. It works fine if I
install just scons alone. But I have a large requirements.txt and would
like to install all my packages at once checking their integrity so I'm
running

pip install --require-hashes -r requirements.txt

and I get the `--single-version-externally-managed` error even though
wheel is installed (python 3.6, pip 18.0, setuptools 40.4, wheel 0.3.1)

If I run `pip wheel` first it seems to work fine as the wheel is picked
up and installed instead

Now the easiest solution for me would be if someone could just upload a
wheel of scons to pypi which would allow me to directly install that
wheel instead. Would that be possible?

Cheers,

Martin