[Scons-users] Question about splitting debug information

Mats Wichmann mats at wichmann.us
Wed Oct 24 12:47:29 EDT 2018

On 10/24/2018 09:32 AM, Jason Kenny wrote:
> Just a question... would this be useful to have in SCons?  The Parts extension I work on for SCons did this via adding it to the env["PDB"] = "lib.debug". This required tweaking the actions for the linker tool on posix systems. I find it very useful for similar reasons.

The rpm packaging code might be able to do this during the step of
building the package.  I had to do some fiddling to turn off the default
behavior of trying to split out debug support on recent Fedoras because
it was breaking tests, but it's just a flag to turn it back on.

Anyway I'll keep an eye on what you guys are doing in case the packaging
bits need another kick.