[Scons-users] VB: SCons fails to build

Mats Wichmann mats at wichmann.us
Wed Oct 10 09:50:57 EDT 2018

On 10/10/2018 05:41 AM, Kristian Kinderlöv via Scons-users wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've attached an example. Extract the file with "tar -zxvf my_project.tar.gz" and  "cd" to my_project.
>
> Now you build with:
> ./build/scons_wrapper.sh CONFIG=config/config-posix-debug.cfg TOOLCHAIN=posix-gcc hello

Funkar inte :)

it seems to expect more setup than you sent along as it gets git errors

fatal: Not a git repository (or any parent up to mount point /)
Stopping at filesystem boundary (GIT_DISCOVERY_ACROSS_FILESYSTEM not set).

> Answer from the question below:
> Default in ubuntu the "sh" points to dash:
> ll /bin/sh
> lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 9 Oct  3 09:49 /bin/sh -> /bin/dash*
>
> (I tried also to changed "sh" to point to bash instead but that gave the same problem)
>
> Br
> Kristian

I didn't mean the system's idea of 'sh' (I know Ubuntu makes that dash),
but scons' idea of the construction variable SHELL.  However, I can grep
through what you sent and see nothing touches that.