[Scons-users] TryRun with CacheDir crashes on Python 3

Bill Deegan bill at baddogconsulting.com
Wed Jun 27 00:03:22 EDT 2018

The issue is that the exception is getting swallowed for later output which
is normally what you want, but in this case it's not.
Anyway it's really a python 3 port issue which was no resolved.
So I wouldn't expect it to be super easy to debug at this point.

The TryRun checker creates a Value() node internally.
In creating a signature for the Value() node to determine if there's an
object in the cache an error is exercised.