[Scons-users] integrating scons with other (non-scons) projects

Bill Deegan bill at baddogconsulting.com
Fri Jun 8 12:34:37 EDT 2018

Seems like a library of download and build logic for various third party
components would be useful.

Anyone want to flesh out on the wiki the following:
1 - Method of obtaining the package (wget, git, hg, etc...)
1.2 - Method of detecting update from source (you'd get the meta data and
the source would be some type of Value() node. The decider would have know
how to compare such)
2 - Method of building (configure/make, cmake,...)
3 - Method of identifying the (important) output file(s).  In most cases
this would be the library and one or more header files installed via make
install or equivalent.

It seems very doable, and also needed.

-Bill